Monday, July 9, 2012

Style Adventures Vol. 1 ( Grove City & Circleville)

STYLE ADVENTURES 

(Grove City & Circleville, Ohio 7/7/12)

This is a blog about how to add to your wardrobe using antique shops, thrift stores, yard sales and other venues. We travel Ohio and beyond discovering unique and stylish items we want to share and the places we found them.


 Saturday it was very hot. It was like 102 degrees out but that never stops me from shopping. I often use the weekend to go to antique shops, stop at yard sales and maybe hit up a thrift store or two. I find my best pieces this way. Since I am not a fan of looking like everyone else, this keeps me from spending a lot of time or money at commercial places where everything is marked up 100% and there are sizable amounts of one item. 

  BROADWAY ANTIQUES

I have been past this place plenty of times and Saturday I decided to stop. This place is located at 2212 Harrisburg Pike in Grove City. I normally go straight for the jewelry and clutches but soon realized this place had no jewelry and very little in the sense of fashion. However, they had a lot of gorgeous African statues and masks.

 Then I came across this vintage black, gold and silver crossbody/clutch. It was all metal mesh and the strap was also metal. It was in excellent condition inside and out. The only thing that would have made this better was if it were a Whiting & Davis. It was made in China but never the less fabulous. MINE! $15
 This place was not a big win but I did leave with something. Plus, I think I know where my mom's next African piece is coming from. I will return for certain.

 CLOTHES GALLERY

I headed south on route 23 and ended up here at the Clothes Gallery. It is located 213 Lancaster Pike in Circleville, Ohio. I was not super impressed but I did find a great zip up straw clutch with rainbow trim. It had a dirt spot on the outside and a few other minor problems that were easily fixable. MINE! $1.06

 428 Main Street, Circleville Ohio

It was getting late and when you are in the country places shut down at 5:00 and earlier. I was still in Circleville. It was already 4:30 and I thought I was done. Then I came across this historical residence. This place is not an antique shop but the couple opens their home a weekend each month to sell antiques. 
 I walked in and immediately focused on the jewelry. It took me a while but I finally found a couple of necklaces at $4 a piece. They were not really my style but I could easily see them as items I could sale. So I bought them. The couple will have their next sale the first weekend of August. They sell jewelry, ceramic collectibles, old black and white photos, furniture and more. Some items are not for sale since this is a residence and will not be marked. I spent $8.
 From the Clothes Gallery and the residence in Circleville. This is the straw clutch I purchased from the thrift store for $1 and the necklaces I bought from the historic home at $4 a piece.

Left to right: necklace from residence on Main $4, chain metal purse from Broadway Antiques in Grove City $15, rainbow straw clutch $1.06 and white stone necklace $4
Total $24.06

Be Blessed, Be Free, Be Fashionable!  Love Kris,

No comments: