Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) July 22, 2012

Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample, we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. The best way to describe us if personalities were colors would be red and hot pink. I am the red personality because I am usually wild, passionate and bold with fashion and in life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday after a long night of partying in Put in Bay with the fella, I woke up and took a dip in the pool at the hotel before check out. We had breakfast at Dianna's Deli in Sandusky. Then we went looking for fresh walleye to take home for dinner. After we located dinner and put it on ice, we visited a park next to Lake Erie, stopped at a few yard sales, had ice cream at Toft's and finally ended up downtown Sandusky again where we stopped at the Merry Go Round Museum. We took these pictures at the Museum and some by the lake. I wish I would have eaten the ice cream afterward. My belly looked like I was with child, which I am not. Oh well, the show must go on. This is what I wore.
I wore a black, sleeveless, jersey dress by INC. with a red, white, blue and yellow pattern all over it. The dress is a couple seasons old.  My hat is a straw fedora with striped ribbon trim from the men's department of Walmart last summer. I prefer a man's hat because they seem to run bigger. I have a big head and a lot of hair. My shoes are royal blue wedges with cut outs by Zigi Soho. They are repeats from the previous Kris's Closet blog. Similar shoes were suggested, view 7/21 Kris's Closet. I am repeating these black and silver cat-eye glasses as well from the first Kris's Closet, view 7/7 blog. I made suggestions and located the actual pair in that blog entry. The earrings I bought last month for $4 at Second Time Around in Attica, Ohio. That store was featured in our this week's Style Adventure blog Vol. 3. Click on links to view similar items.

dresses



hats



earrings


The red leather clutch I found at Mad for Mod in Columbus years ago. Click on links to view similar clutches.

1. http://www.zappos.com/tignanello-pretty-in-python-envelope-clutch-tomato

2. http://www.etsy.com/listing/16287393/vintage-pretty-red-leather-clutch?ref=sr_gallery_21&ga_search_query=red+leather+clutch&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

3.http://www.zappos.com/rebecca-minkoff-perf-beau-clutch-red-2
Me getting ready to ride the carousel at the Merry Go Round Museum in Sandusky, Ohio.
That concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you for stopping by!


Be Blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

This is a carousel horse from the 1920's created by Gustav A. Dentzel. It's located at the Merry Go Round Museum


No comments: