Tuesday, June 7, 2016

ChristinaKristin Thrift Our Top Spring/Summer Trends

  In April, Kristin and I both shared our Top 5 Spring trends, in case you missed it check out our posts here and here. As we promised, we went to our local Ohio Thrift Stores with a our lists to see if we could shop our favorite trends inexpensively. Guess what? We actually found some of our trend pieces, and most of our pieces doubled into more than one category. Take a look at what we found.


I couldn't resist the baskets of .89 cent hair accessories, and I must say I was excited to see this pic because my bun was POPPIN!!! LOL Sorry, sometimes it takes a picture to show you what you really look like.




Boho

Christina's Finds

The bohemian trend was actually the easiest to shop for, I found these pieces quickly. The top on the left is an authentic ethnic piece, not sure exactly where it's from, but it looks somewhat African to me. Kristin picked out the dress and bought it for me, I liked it in the store, but when I tried it on at home I liked it so much more.


Kristin's Find 
 I love a boho piece especially when it seems like it could be one of a kind. I didn't find a lot in this category for myself,  but I could not leave without this vest covered in my favorite animal, the elephant. I loved that it had special handmade embroidery.  I can't wait to dress it up with a skirt or wear it with jeans.


Floral Boho

Christina's Finds

This tunic was my absolute favorite, I fell in love with the print and the color. It can be worn in so many ways, when I go swimming I plan to wear it as a bathing suit cover up, or as a dress on one of these hot summer days. This floral shirt is not something I would normally pick out for myself, but it fit the spring trend, I can pair it with many things in my closet, and it's loose so it will be cool to wear this summer.

Fun Florals

Kristin's Finds 
While my "Fun Florals" could probably have been included in the "Floral Boho", I decided that the oddness of a pair of bright floral culottes and a floral/ paisley skirt deserved it's own category. The culottes more than anything are like nothing I have ever seen before. I almost left them at the store but Christina convinced me that I could pull them off.

Christina's Find

Mini skirts are my favorite thing about summer,  they are so comfortable, and when they have a  print you can pair it with a simple top and be stylish and comfortable. This one was a little big, but I don't think you can tell.



Accessories

Ornate Hair Accessories

 Christina's Finds                           Kristin's Finds
We were both were able to find cool pieces to adorn our natural hair.


Wicker Bag

Christina's Find
As soon as we walked in the store I spotted this wicker clutch and I quickly put it in the cart. It was in really good condition, and it's spacious. I've carried it a few times already, and it will compliment the other items I purchased.



Christina's total price spent: $23.04

Kristin's total price spent:$11

Until next time,
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Chris & Kris

No comments: