Thursday, April 14, 2016

Christina's Top 5 Spring Trends 2016



                                                                       Style.com


1. New Bohemian

The "New Bohemian" trend is all about mixing prints in one piece of clothing. I just bought a pair of pants from Target that have about 3-4 different prints, and I am in LOVE with them. Instyle tells us to gain inspiration for this trend from old National Geographic magazines and Janson's History of Art. This trend is care-free and all about expression.


       
                                                           harpersbazaar.com
2. Ornate Hair Accessories

When I first went natural, I did the big chop and my hair was pretty short, during this time I would not be caught without wearing one of 2 things, big earrings or a hair accessory. Now that my hair has grown longer I don't use hair acceossories like I used to.  I love the hair accessories that are being shown because they are "grown up", but still fancy. I have already began making new headbands and I will be sure to rock them this summer.





3. Oxford Flats

The first time this trend surface, I was first in line to buy my oxfords. I've never really given this trend up, I currently have 3 pairs of oxfords, and can't wait to get more. I prefer wearing flat shoes these days, and with all of the decorative oxfords out there you can really change the look of a plain outfit.


           
                                               www.fashionisers.com
4.Wicker bags

There are so many eccentric handbags on trend for spring, I chose these wicker bags as my favorite because straw and sunny weather just seems to go together. I have one wicker clutch that I purchased from the thrift store and I only wear it in the summer, it's such a neutral piece I can wear it with anything.



                                                                    www.fashionista.com
5. Shades of Pink

So I was super excited upon finding out that the color pink was named color of the year, more specifically rose quartz. This spring you will see the light pink shade in stores everywhere. I actually have a thing for rose right now, in my house you will see "dusty blush" in many places. So this pink trend has crossed over to interiors.


As I was writing about my favorite spring trends, I noticed that the trends I chose resonated with me in some way. Each trend actually is apart of the essence of my personal style. When you choose what trends you will incorporate into your wardrobe this spring, be sure that you have some connection to the trend, and try to choose classic trends when you can.  The trends I have chosen are in sense a part of my daily wardrobe already, with this new inspiration I can find new styles of these trends to incorporate into my wardrobe, and still wear them for a long time.

Stay tuned for Kristin's Top 5 Spring Trends, and for a follow up post where Kristin and I will shop for our trends at the thrift store. We will show you how easy it can be finding current trends on a shoestring budget.


Be Blessed! Be Free! Be Fashionable!

Chris

No comments: