Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Style Crush



I met Ronica years ago when we both worked at BCBG. I remember Ronica being this sweet and super supportive person, she knew of my dreams to pursue styling and jewelry design and always had an encouraging word.  Now that we are both in different phases of our lives, I love to look on Facebook and see her beautiful family, her personal style, and how she is helping other women embrace style. She probably feels like I stalked her to get this post, but I knew she was someone I wanted to share with our readers because of her determination,radiating personality, and her awesome fashion sense.  Read on and be inspired.





Ronica Mullins. 32. Personal Shopper/Stylist .Palm Beach/Miami





1. My take on fashion!


Fashion is being able to express yourself without any words; it's letting the clothes speak for themselves. It's a collaboration of life experiencing culture, and upbringing that developed through time, awarding the forever great pieces by repeating your "look" in your personal style, incorporating them no matter the changes in decades! It's experiencing the good with the bad and learning from your mistakes through trial and error! Fashion is forever changing and evolving. It's doing what feels good in the moment and feeling liberated for not choosing to care on those days that you feel good enough in your skin to not let the clothes define you!








2. Where I have been!


 My very first job in High School was working at Wilsons leather company. Looking back, leather has since been a huge part of my wardrobe! I interned at Abercrombie n Fitch in college and quickly learned how important the denim fit/wash is! Just for the record-I could never fit in any of their jeans! Thank the lord for AG and Paige jeans who understand that the rise on the backside is just as import as the one in the front when you are dealing with curvy girls! I worked in London, England as the Assistant to the Marketing Director of Liz Claiborne Group and then moved to LA to freelance style and work for BCBG! I currently reside in Palm Beach, Fl and have a second office in Aventura, where I am a full time stylist and personal shopper for Bloomingdales!






3. I am passionate about.


I am passionate about awakening people! I'm in the business of helping people to see the best versions of themselves! My job always starts with a pep talk; highlighting what is great about their body and what I am trying to achieve through their wardrobe. I have learned throughout my years that the same dress on the same women in the same mirror can be perceived differently depending on how they feel about themselves in that moment! To be a great stylist you have to understand your clients' "deal breakers." start slow to gain trust and once they acknowledge and accept that you are the expert, you will be able to push the envelope and achieve greatness! Remember, without the proper pep talk, the best looks created on the red carpet could never exist! It's all about the confidence you're feeding them! Yes a shirt is just a shirt but what matters is how you feel in it! Your boldness will speak loud and clear! There will always be times when people are wearing the same look, at the same event, but there can only be ONE who wore it best and I want to be known as that person's stylist!







4. You can find me.


I love love love to thrift shop! I am inspired by the journey of a polyester jacket that was made in Italy. It feels like I hit the lottery for 10 billion when I leave with a two piece matching vest and pants from the 70's! Especially when it looks like it was the main inspiration of Max Mara's Spring campaign! It's confirmation that my style is ahead of times when I find something great and look at the magazines months later and finds its replica in the center pages! I find inspiration in NYC; the great big apple, where the perfection of blended street style and modern designs can be found! It inspires me to keep creating art with clothes and to never to stay in my comfort zone. Always stay 10 steps ahead. And last but not least-keep sharing my unique style & taste for life with all who come through my office!








Follow Ronica:

Instagram: @RonicaMullins



Be Blessed! Be Free! Be Fashionable!

Chris

No comments: