Monday, July 1, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) June 28, 2013

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!


Friday my guy and I planned a day trip with my nephew to Lake Erie. We took him to the African Safari Wildlife Park in Port Clinton where we got to feed animals like buffalo, giraffes and zebras through the window of our truck. We watched pig races and checked out the other animal displays. We ran into a bad storm afterward, so we found an Irish Pub downtown Port Clinton called McCarthy's where we ate and rode out the weather. They have these delicious Scotch eggs there! The sun came back out and we walked around the area. I bought some items from the Fisherman's Wharf Bait and Tackle shop that gave me jewelry inspiration. We stopped in Great Lakes Popcorn Co. where we tasted several different flavors of popcorn and left with a couple bags. Then we took the little man to the MarbleHead Lighthouse where we took a ton of photos. The trip ended at Tofts Ice Cream in Sandusky as it usually does when it's just me and Leo in the Lake Erie area. I took my photos near the lighthouse. This is what I wore.

I wanted to be casual and comfortable since we were going to be around animals. I was inspired by the whole idea of a safari and went with a khaki green colored ruffle and studded tank that is originally from New York & Co and denim skinnies that I cuffed by Paige. Find a similar tank here. I paired my outfit with mostly neutral colored accessories. My bucket hat and cross-body bag are both made of straw. They are thrift store finds. I paid $1 for the hat and $2 for the purse. Find a similar hat here and an even cuter purse here.   My bangles are a combination of thrift finds, cultural festival finds and the colorful ones came from Shoetique. The lucite ring is an old piece from Forever 21. My earrings were $1 from the Circleville Former Fireside Inn Yard Sale House. My metallic thong hemp wedges, I paid $2.50 for at a Treasure Sale at a church this past spring. They are by Kenneth Cole Reaction.


This concludes another Kris's Closet. What do you think about my look?
Thank you so much for stopping by! Bonus photos below.
Check out our newest Heavy Metal Collection at our etsy shop

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,
Photos I took at the African Safari Wildlife Park.  The animals we fed.
Downtown Port Clinton & Marblehead Lighthouse



No comments: