Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Her Style---->My Way (Christina)

When I lose my fashion inspiration and can't think of anything to wear,I look to fashion magazines as well as fashion websites for inspiration. I can usually find someone who is wearing something that I can mimic with clothes and accessories I already have in my closet.


Yesterday I was browsing some of my go to street style websites, just because it had been a while since I'd checked them out. Some of my favorites are www.essence.com, they have good street style and celebrity style photos. I also like www.luckymag.com, this is a great one because of the street style, the blog sites and the how to videos. You should check them out.  The Sartorialist is the most awesome of all showcasing both men and women's style. The pics are awesome and he travels all over the world in search of people with a sense of style.

On Luckymag.com, there is a article series called 31 Perfect Outfits, and they feature it each month. This month is 31 Perfect July Outfits. I found this picture and decided to attempt this style,remembering that I owned a similar lace top, a flare or A-line skirt, and a blazer. Simple.



This is what I came up with. I am wearing a black "ballerina" style dress, I layered my lace top over it. To add color, my necklace is a mixture of jewel tones and gold. Her bun in the picture inspired my headscarf, and it also has the jewel tones and a little print, like her skirt.


It wasn't cool enough outside to wear my blazer, but I opted for the stripes just to add more contrast. Added some bangles and stud earrings. As my students say "Easy Peezy"!!

What do you think?

Until Next Time, Ciao!

*Chris*



No comments: