Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) July 13, 2013

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!


Saturday was an interesting day. I started the day pulling weeds in the yard which lead me to losing one of my diamonds that belonged to Gramsy Nolan. After I had a fit and made Leo cut the grass to the dirt where I lost it, I realized I needed to simmer down. We got on the road around 2:00pm to Loudonville, Ohio where we walked through some shops. We realized the Mohican Pow-Wow was happening that weekend so we bought tickets at one of the shops and headed that direction. I enjoyed my first Indian taco. I loved the fry bread it was on! After some people watching, shopping the vendors and live music, we left to search for dinner. We stopped at Landoll's Mohican Castle to look around and check out the dinner menu but we ended up eating at Malabar Farm Restaurant in Perrysville. There we sat on the patio and had one of the best meals we have had out together. OMG Lamb Chops! I took these photos at Landoll's Mohican Castle and the Mohican Dam where we ended the trip. This is what I wore.

My look Saturday was simple and comfy since it was so hot. I wore a yellow asymmetrical romper that I got from Shoetique last summer. Find a cute yellow romper here. I tied a red leather belt around the waist (old from Newport News catalog) and slid on my comfy Kenneth Cole Reaction slide on wedges that I bought this spring at a church treasure sale . Find similar belt here. Find similar shoes here.
I created a turban headband look out of a vintage scarf I also bought from the church treasure sale. Since mine is not available, I recommend this cute vintage scarf from American Apparel. My earrings are from a store in Amish Country. I found them this past winter. On the hand to your left is a new hand bracelet. It is the Musiq Accessories Pyramid Hand Bracelet from Nordstrom.   I stacked my wrists with my safari animal bracelets, the Creature Cuff by Tasha (Nordstrom), new giraffe bracelet from (Kohls) sale rack for $7, the Artemis Cuff and Kalahari Bangle from Stella & Dot and a snake wrap bracelet that I found on etsy. The Gucci is an old bag that my friend Dee got tired of and gave to me. 

This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by! 
When you leave comments on any blog post you are entered to win a free pair of Heavy Metal earrings. Check them out!
Check out our newest Heavy Metal Collection at our etsy shop
Use this anniversary code to receive 20% off anything in the shop! 
(BLOGBDAY1)

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: