Tuesday, July 23, 2013

ChristinaKristin Talk ( An Anniversary Special)

  • ChristinaKristin Talk

    It has been two weeks since our 1 year anniversary as bloggers and we are continuing our celebration. We hope you are enjoying the newly improved blog renovations. We also wanted to reveal more about ourselves so we interviewed each other to share it with you. 




    Kristin:   How would you describe your style today? Has it changed from when we first started the blog?

    Christina:  I would say that my style is definitely a mix of bohemian,romantic with a  little rocker. My style has changed somewhat, I was always more of a  solid color girl, but lately I have been adding more pattern to my  wardrobe. Also, Kristin you have helped me to really identify my style throughout this year of blogging.

    Kristin:    Name a person or people who's style you admire who is not a 
    celebrity. Someone who inspires you. 


    Christina:   Growing up my mom’s style inspired me, I always saw her in the 80’s style pumps with the big bow on the side, fish net stockings,lace blazers. She was very petite like I am, but she was very confident in her size, not afraid to be sexy. My grandmother was very fashionable, with designer bags, mink coats,hats,and a muff. I believe she bought me my first fur muff in elementary school. Now a days, Kristin you inspire me with your use of pattern, and how you make vintage pieces look expensive.

    Kristin:   When you want to treat yourself, what do you spend money on?

    Christina:  This is going to sound weird, but I treat myself to hair products. LOL…I’m not a product junkie because I can’t afford to be. But when I have extra money I’m always looking for the next best product to make my hair better.

    Kristin:   If you could have any kind of animal as a pet, what would that be and what would you name it?

    Christina:  This is a hard question, I once owned a little Yorkie named Paris, she was too high maintenance for me, hence the name. LOL… Honestly, I've grown to realize that I am not much of an animal lover, probably because I was deprived of pets as a child. Can I plead the 5th???

    Kristin:  Where would you be right now if you had no financial limitations?

    Christina:  If I had no financial limitations I would be traveling throughout Europe: France,Italy,Spain!










    Christina:  From who or what do you draw your style inspiration? How has it changed since we started blogging?

    Kristin:    I draw my style inspiration from all over. I find inspiration looking through magazines, watching television,  things I see online and even art. People who inspire me are people like you Christina, my mom and I have made many references on the blog to my gramsy Nolan. I love looking at old photos of my grams because she was the most stylish woman and even though she isn't physically present she still inspires many of my looks. I wear a lot of her old garments and jewelry pieces. I don't believe in wearing anything just because it's hot. It has to make sense for me so I follow trends but I take what I like and make it work with my style, my body and age . I have to admit I am mostly inspired by color. Since I started blogging I have paid more attention to current trends and I have found that I have done a lot more shopping than I use to since I am always doing research and browsing the web. 

    Christina:  What do you love most about your life right now at this very moment? Why? 


    Kristin:  I love that I feel free. I don't work for anyone, so I wake up when I want unless I have a styling job or project deadline. I love that I am in charge of my time. I enjoy being able to pick up and leave when I feel like it and I don't have to answer to anyone. There are no day off requests or waiting to find out if the request got approved. That is the best. 

    Christina:  Why did you decide to give up the “Creamy Crack” and go natural? How has your natural experience been?


    Kristin: I gave up the chemicals because I have done everything else with my hair. My hair has been fire engine red, ruby red, pink, purple and blond. I have had the Halle Berry  pixie cut, my hair has been short on top and long on bottom and  I have even had  it shaved on one side before it became so popular. For me it was something new to do that allowed me more versatility while also making a healthier choice. I also have had fibroid issues and it has been said that the "creamy crack" is possibly responsible for that. I am proud of my hair. It is time consuming and I am always playing in it but I have had so much positive response since I made the change. My hair has become a conversation starter.

    Christina:  Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?


    Kristin:  I see myself  with a couple boutiques selling ChristinaKristin designs and traveling around the world to style artists and make purchases for the boutiques. Kids, husband, um maybe.

    Christina:  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Is that place different from what you thought about say 10 years ago?


    Kristin: I would go back to Florida. I miss being home and it's so close to so many island destinations that I want to visit. Ten years ago I was in Florida finishing school so I was where I wanted to be.

                                                                                                                                              
    Ask us anything! If you have questions for either of us, we will do our best to answer them. What would you like to know about us? Any comments will enter you in our drawing to win a pair of earrings from our 'Heavy Metal Collection'. 

    Christina & Kristin,

No comments: