Friday, May 29, 2015

The Last Word by Karen

The Beauty of Flowers/Belles Fleurs


My look:  Jacket,Vince Camuto
                Wide Leg culottes, White House Black Market
                Shoes, TrouvĂ©


Botanist estimate that there are over 240,000 species of flowering plants.  Flowers personify beauty, life and are an important part of our Eco-system.

Flowers are used for beautifying spaces, they are the most common means of adding spice to a table or a party venue.  Flowers are given in celebration of important life events.


I love flowers!  Every year my yard is festooned with  tons of flowers; they are in the ground, in pots, they are everywhere in my yard.  During my second bout of cancer two years ago, I was unable to garden.  Not being able to get in the yard dampened my spirit.  I was  surprised  two years in a row by the kindness of  my co-workers.  I pulled up to my home after an appointment with my oncologist to find my work family, including my boss, planting flowers in my flower beds. I have never been so overwhelmed and appreciative.

This year I was able to plan and plant my own flower gardens and I am grateful.


You can satisfy your flower cravings without gardening.  Flowers are also an integral part of spring and summer wardrobes. Many of this year's floral dresses are shown on dark backgrounds or with mixed media.

Left: Clover Canyon, Saks  Right:Vince Camuto, Nordstrom
Left: Adrianna Papell, Nordstrom  Right:Betsey Johnson, Lord & Taylor


If you have friends, family or someone in your life  who is ill, think  about doing some small thing that will bring beauty and light to their life. Give a loved one a flower, one of Gods most beautiful and amazing creations. With that being said, if  you aren't into flower gardening, wear them!
Add beauty and decoration to your wardrobe. Enjoy the beauty of flowers!!!

On day at a time.

Karen



No comments: