Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) October 27, 2013

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday I took a Taco Truck Tour through Columbus Food Adventures. It was the anniversary date of the first tour I took with them in German Village last year as part of my Birthday present. I had so much fun last year I decide to schedule two tours for this year's Birthday celebration. My birthday was yesterday but I celebrate a whole month usually. Last year the German Village tour was a walking tour where we learned about the history of the part of town and ate our way through. This year's Taco Truck Tour was a van tour with six stops that were full of great food and information. I learned that there were so many items that I never would have ordered had I not had this experience. They sell a lot more than tacos and burritos. I took these photos on the tour, this is what I wore.

Blouse: thrift store
Fur Vest:thrift store
Jeans:Paige Denim
Boots:second hand 80's vintage from etsy
Earrings: Betsey Johnson Paris Heart Lips 5 Piece Stud Set
Bracelets: Artemis Cuff by Stella & Dot + Pyramid hand bracelet
from Nordstrom

I was in the mood for color and print. Prints are big this season and fur has been in for many seasons now including this past spring. I wanted to be comfortable and warm since it was an evening tour. Instead of a bulky coat, I opted for a fur vest. I threw on my flat color block over-the-knee boots. Over-the-knee boots are also back this fall/winter season.
The blouse I paid $0.69 at a thrift store just outside of Dayton.
The rabbit fur vest was $20 at the Ohio Thrift store a few winters ago.
I had been eye balling this Betsey Johnson Paris Heart Lips stud set for a month and finally decided to indulge. I loved the idea of this set because I have a lot of piercings especially on my left ear. I am also a big fan of the asymmetrical look. Check out her site for more of these fun sets!
I have had these 80's over-the-knee color-block boots for a few years now and I am always excited to wear them. I originally paid about $70 for them. They are my favorite boots.
Me in front of the Columbus Food Adventures tour van

Grabbing more tacos at our first stop after the tour.

What do you think about my look?
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,



No comments: