Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Style Adventures Vol. 14 (Nelsonville, Ohio)

STYLE ADVENTURES 

(Nelsonville, Ohio 10/12)

This post is about how to add to your wardrobe using antique shops, thrift stores, yard sales and other venues. We travel Ohio and beyond discovering unique and stylish items we want to share and the places we found them.


Nelsonville, Ohio is a destination city because of the Rocky Boot Outlet. The outlet is a place you could spend hours shopping for boots and clothing for work and activities like hunting and hiking. There is even a restaurant on the first floor of the outlet where you can get anything from bison burgers to prime rib. Nelsonville is also the birth place of Sarah Jessica Parker, one of my personal favorite style icons.  I have been to Nelsonville a few times  to go to the boot store and had never visited the downtown area which is just literally around the corner. I had no idea there was anything worth checking out for a fashionista until this past Saturday. 

Hoodlett's
 49 W. Columbus St., 
Nelsonville , Oh 45764 

Hoodletts caught my eye as we rode down the street. There was a sidewalk sale with a $5 sign that I could not ignore. I love a bargain and there were plenty in the store that day. The store carries clothing for women and men. They have lots of fun looks for those who gravitate toward bohemian styles. They also carry Under Armor active wear.  The prices are ridiculously affordable.

The $5 Rack
The $5 rack was full of fun dresses and skirts. I found myself attracted to two peasant like dresses at the end of the rack that were The Webster Miami dresses originally made for Target. I selected a pink dress with flamingos even though I knew I probably would not wear it until next spring. What the heck, it was $5!
Inside I noticed a lot of bohemian dresses, bags and jewelry. I see my style as a little bohemian a lot of times, so I was excited.  I am also a huge fan of pattern and there was no shortage of that in the back of the store.  Once you pass all of the active wear in the front of the store, you get into all of the fun stuff. Patterned dresses, skull studded belts and jewelry made from old silverware are some of there great items. 
Skull Studded Belt 
The store seems so out of place in a city of people comfortably rocking their hunting fatigues, ball caps and work boots. It is an oasis in the small city for a girl like me, a place where my style language is understood. Even the manager seemed out of place in the city which she confirmed was not her birthplace. She was an attractive woman who looked like an artist, comfy yet edgy with great effortlessly smudged eyeliner. I was happy to see her and the store.  Check out what I found!
Button earrings $0.50, skull studded belt $6.99, dress $5
9 pairs of button stud earrings for $0.50
I love studs and skulls! You know I bought it!
Feeling good about my purchases! A belt, dress and 9 pairs of earrings for under $14
Look for my new pieces in future closet blog posts! Fashionista's, antiquers & store owners! Got a store or area we should visit? Leave me a comment.
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: