Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This Month's Obsession


This Month's Obsession!!!

Often I see a trend or an accessory that takes over my mind. I see it, I fall in love with it and then I obsess about it. Once the feeling hits me, I go into research mode then I must have it, so I buy it. Then I buy it again in three more colors or variations in styles. Yes, if I love it then I need to have many options; soon after, I have moved on to a new love. Today my obsession is... 

SUNGLASSES!!! 

left to right: Quay Australia Zig Black , Fantas Eyes Bigeas, Quay Australia Yibrow, The Crystal Cult The Devyn, Fantas Eyes Pearl Diver, Quay Australia Zig Gold


In my late teens and early twenties, I use to be the girl who obsessed over name brands and bought three pairs of designer brand sunglasses a year. I spent a hundred plus dollars on each pair and wore them as often as I could. I loved Chanel, Versace and Valentino: the gaudier, the better! I wanted sunglasses that looked like jewelry, covered in Swarovski crystals and pearls.I have always been an accessory girl and I would refer to myself as a sunglass snob. If it wasn't designer, I would not wear them. Then in my mid to late twenties it was about fun sunglasses from discount sites like Overstock and Bluefly. I loved shopping for sunglasses at Nordstrom Rack and TJ Maxx. I could get more pairs for the money and I was still getting the same quality you get with expensive high end designer brands. I was finding other quality brands I loved like Betsey Johnson, Liz Claiborne, Cole Haan and Michael Kors. They were a little more affordable but still designer. It helped that they were discounted and affordable. Today, I just love style. I love brands with flare. They are great quality and fun but they may not be as well known. My favorites right now are Quay Australia, The Crystal Cult and Fantas Eyes. Those three brands are featured in this post along with a few other brands who have some awesome designs I love as well. 
 
I wear my sunnies all year long. My glasses have gotten just as much wear this winter as
 they do during the warmer seasons. You have to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays in
the winter ,as well as cold winds. Since we are already halfway through the winter, it's a
great time to talk about some cool brands of eyewear for Spring that I love. These brands
 also carry the trends we saw on the runway for Spring. The best thing is, they won't break
 your pocket! Here are my favorite trends and my favorite looks from my go to brands.


1. Cat-eyes & Butterfly
 I love a good cat eye! It is my favorite look. All of my prescription glasses are cat-eyes or 
butterfly wing and I have at least a  half dozen pairs of cat-eye sunglasses. I buy what I think looks the best on my heart shaped face and a cat-eye is my best look. Designers such as Michael Kors, Adam Selman and Fendi accessorized their Spring/Summer 2015 looks with cat-eyes.
Micheal Kors, Adam Selman & Fendi photos courtesy of style.com

Kris Picks !!!
(All Under $100)




2. Sparkly Frames
 I am still a super fan of the frames that look like jewelry. That is why I am such a fan of the Crystal Cult brand. After eye-balling the collections of Jeremy Scott, Chanel and Oscar de la Renta who accessorized their Spring looks with their rhinestone and crystal covered frames; I started collecting some crystal frames for my sunglass wardrobe. The last pair of crystal studded frames I owned was a pair of Versace's that I wore until the crystals fell out. This hurt my soul! I kept them in hopes to have a jeweler replace them (which still hasn't happened). My mom introduced me to the Crystal Cult brand and I stalked the glasses for weeks before I actually bought a pair. Two weeks later, I received a second pair for Christmas. I am a proud member of the Crystal Cult. No one does sparkly like The Crystal Cult.
Jeremy Scott, Chanel & Oscar de la Renta Photos courtesy of style.com

Kris Picks!!!
(All Under $100)








3.Unique Frames 

These frames are out of the ordinary or extravagant. They aren't for the conservative woman. These are looks only a special kind of woman can pull off. Designers such as Hussein Chalayan, Libertine and Prada showed unique eye-wear with their collections for spring. This is one of my favorite trends for the season, so I had the best time pulling together eye-wear from some of my favorite sites.

Hussein Chalayan, Libertine & Prada Photo's courtesy of stylebistro.com and style.com

Kris Picks !!!
(All under $100)
 
 




Be Blessed! Be Free! Be Fashionable!
               Kris,              

No comments: