Friday, January 16, 2015

Fun Fashion Friday!!!



It's 'Fun Fashion Friday'! In these posts I will bring you the playful side of fashion. Fashion doesn't always have to be so serious. I am a big fan of really funky, fun pieces. I admit to loving my fun or bizarre items more than the classic ones; even if some of my friends hate and make fun of them. After all, fashion is about self expression and SHOULD BE fun.
 
BARBIE GIRL

When I was a little girl I was a huge fan of Barbie. I had at least a dozen Barbie dolls, most in my likeness. That was important to my mom. I had a Barbie sports car and Barbie Mansion with an elevator that went up and down the mansion floors when you pulled a rope attached to a small pulley. I remember my dad stapling the mansion to the wall because it kept falling over from my excessive play. Barbie is one of the reasons I fell in love with fashion. Barbie was my friend and she helped me make friends as well. I was an awkward creative child. Making friends did not come easy to me. A love for Barbie was often the only thing I had in common with other girls.

left: Moschino    right: Wildfox

Today as an adult, I still love Barbie. I still have a closet full of collector dolls and seeing anything with a Barbie logo still brings me such nostalgic bliss. Several years ago,  Nicki Minaj appeared on the scene with her pink wigs and Barbie-esque outfits. Because of Nicki Minaj, a surge of Barbie jewelry and items began popping up everywhere. This past fall, life size Barbie clothing and accessories were launched in Lord & Taylor, Wildfox and Forever 21.Then there was Moschino with his Barbie inspired Spring 2015 Collection. It's just as fun as his last collection that I blogged about in the first 'Fun Fashion Friday'. Remember Sponge Bob and the McDonalds? Well, Jeremy Scott has done it again with his collection of Barbie-like clothing full of bubblegum pink,  fuchsia and accessories that look so much like the extras that came in the Barbie box; like a hand mirror that is actually an iPhone case. Not only can we dress like Barbie, we can also rock her accessories. I love it!

Moschino's Barbie World
RTW Spring 2015 
 



My Picks!!!
 I love the idea of fashion but for me it has to make sense for my pocket. I know many of us can't afford to buy pieces that cost hundreds and thousands of dollars, this is my favorite part to post. These items have the same feel at a lower cost. I tried to keep the cost under $100 with a couple exceptions. Keep in mind, these are items are strictly for adults. Check them out!







It's been fun!!! 
Until next time,
Be blessed, Be free, Be fashionable!
Kris,

photo credits: style.com, dollskills.com, selfridges.com, shopstyle.com, etsy.com, wildfox.com

No comments: