Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Kristin's Top 5 Fall Trends of 2013!!! Part II

Hey it's Kristin!!!

5 Fall trends I'm crushing on for 2013!!! Part II

The Shopping List!!!
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I decided to try something different and break up my top five fall trend post. It always seems to take a long time to collect all the photos and information. I have to do a lot of research to find my five trends, select photos from dozens of designers who usually have 'ready to wear' and 'couture' collections for the same season, then find items online at my favorite shopping sites to create that particular look I discussed that you can purchase if you want. This past Wednesday, I posted my top five favorite trends for the season with photos from the designers who showed the trends in their collections. Today I wanted to show you some of my selections that you can get today should your heart desire. Most of the sites are sites I shop regularly. Since we all have different budgets, I selected many different price points from the trendy store to the high-end department store. Check out my selections and refresh your wardrobe!



5. White on White 

I have never been a fan of white for myself though I love the way it looks on everyone else. I will admit I have been very afraid of it for many reasons. White is not forgiving when it comes to size or stains and I am not a very small girl past my short stature nor am I very careful. Clumsy should be my middle name. This all white trend is beautiful though and has inspired me. I pulled together a complete white look for you today. In a perfect world I can imagine myself wearing this, at least until I was ready to eat or drink. It would have to be an all clear food day with an emergency stain removing kit on hand. Check out my completely white look!



4. Emerald 

 I love the idea of bright and bold colors. Bright colors have been proven to improve our moods and the moods of those around us. When I am having a bad morning, I throw on a bright color and some make-up. Really it helps! Last week, of all the bright colors designers showed for the season, I selected emerald for my color to focus on for my season trend list. Since then I have located some fun emerald pieces that I personally love. Check them out!



3. Leather

Leather is one of the most expensive trends this season. I always advise starting at the thrift store for vintage leather and sometimes you get lucky and find some current pieces that someone decided just wasn't for them. If you must shop for new leather, the leather look aka 'vegan leather' is just as fun. Some of the leather look pieces I have seen have been so close to real that I must admit I have almost been fooled a few times. Either way leather will always have a place in our closets during the cold seasons. I see this purchase as an investment. This is true unless the leather piece is a pair of overalls, a trend that we saw sprouting last spring/summer that will be even bigger this coming spring. A pair of vegan leather overalls would be the way to go since this is probably not going to be a long lasting trend. A genuine leather skirt will probably be something you will get to wear many times over the years. Check out some of the real and faux leather pieces I love!

3. Betsey Johnson Laser Cut Faux Leather Dress betseyjohnson.com $168
5. Metallic Leather Swing Tee TopShop $190

2. Plaid

Plaid comes in so many color options. I love red plaids or a plaid with at least a little red in it. I am sure that is evident with my selections. After the Met Gala with it's Punk themed exhibits, I noticed a lot of designers showed lots of plaid, creating preppy and punk looks with it. To recap, my favorite looks came from the Moschino collection. The collection included completely plaid pantsuits with matching hats. It was great for runway purposes but for everyday, I suggest one piece of plaid at a time. These are a few of my selections.

2. Topshop Plaid Tube Skirt Nordstrom $48
4. Vivienne Westwood Flutter W1056 zappos.com  $485

1. Beanies

My favorite trend is also the cheapest if you know where to shop. While I really love the different options for beanies this season, I will probably end up buying most of my beanies from the same place I buy my hair products. Being a creative person, I can always turn a couple beanies into DIY projects to create some of the same fancy beanie looks I ran across browsing the web for this post. In fact that sounds like a brilliant future post. DIY beanies!  I love cheap but I also really love the beanies I found for you no matter the price. I may not buy them all for myself but I do really love them. You can find beanies in fur, patterns, with ears and even embellished with rhinestones, crystals and sequins. Check out some of the fun ones I selected as my favorites!


1. Le Clement Rabbit Fur Beanie farfetch.com $185.18
2. Sweet Polka Dot Beanie forever21.com $8.80
3. Grey Knitted Pug Hat dorothyperkins.com $21
4. Fur Pom Cable Beanie topshop.com $28
5. Silver Spoon Attire Beanie with Mesh Netting  farfetch.com  $112.39
6. Heavy Embellished Beanie topshop.com $40





Look for more on my top five trends soon!

What are your favorite trends this season? Lets us know!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!

Kris,

No comments: