Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christina's Top 5 Fall 2013 Trends!!!


Kristin recently shared her top 5 Fall trends, so it was only right that I share mine too. My choices are in no particular order, just some trends that caught my attention, that I would be willing to try out.


1. Slouchy Pants

I think we have all gotten accustomed to wearing tight skinny pants, I know for sure I have. With my petite frame I feel that if clothes are loose on me then I look as if the clothes are swallowing me. It takes me back to my high school days when I would wear a size 3, but in reality I should have been wearing a 0. But I have been eyeing harem pants since the summer, and I've been noticing some looser fitting pants in stores. The key to wearing these pants are to pair them with a heel,and wear a chic top. For myself I would opt for a more fitted top and a belt to break it up a little.


Photos courtesy of: www.glamour.com

2. Classic Patterns (Leopard Print)

Burberry did an amazing job incorporating leopard print into their Pre-Fall collection this season. This was definitely a modern way to show this classic print. I think my favorite is the trench coat with the printed sleeves, love it. This is really a trend that never goes out of style, but just continues to get updated. I think I have a few leopard print items in my closet that I can wear this season. And you could easily find leopard print pieces at your local thrift store.


Photo courtesy of: www.jornaldaparaiba.com.br

3. Black and White

Color blocking has carried over showcasing just two colors, Black & White. I'm loving this trend because it's easy to shop, and very inexpensive. So if you're one of those anti-color people who loves black, now you can mix in a little white.


Photo courtesy of: www.shelookbook.com

4. Menswear Fabrics

Menswear for women seems to stay in style. I especially like this trend because designers are taking traditional men's fabrics which have a masculine feel, and creating them to flatter a woman's body. You will see heavier fabrics such as tweed, and prints like houndstooth and plaid.


5. Statement Fur

Although Kristin is bigger fan of fur than I am, I do enjoy some fur pieces. I especially like the statement fur pieces that were shown on the runway this fall. I myself recently purchased a faux fur leopard print jacket, 2 trends in one, I have yet to wear it. If you are anti-fur, try faux fur, you can find some really good quality faux fur pieces if you shop around.

Photo courtesy of: www.outsapop.com


What trends are you wearing this season?

Until Next Time,

*Chris*

No comments: