Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kristin's Top 5 Fall Trends of 2013!!!

Hey it's Kristin!!!

5 Fall trends I'm crushing on for 2013!!!

I tried my best to have this posted before October ended but it has been quite a busy few months. It is now officially winter in most places but the post is better late than never. This fall/winter I have embraced somethings that I never thought I would, one of those being the all white trend. Winter whites are all  over and I am thinking I will join in on the all white fun. I also welcomed back one of my favorites from last year, leather. There were some interesting leather looks on the runway like the 'leather feather fur' that Karl Lagerfeld created for the Fendi's fall/winter collection.  I always embrace color and prints each fall even when it isn't a huge trend. This year is no different. The thing I am most excited about is the simplest and cheapest trend of them all. It will keep me warm even when I am going out on the town in my party dress. Check out my favorite trends this fall/winter! 

5. White on White 

I  have mostly stayed away from white. Should I ever get married I never imagine wearing white even on my wedding day. The end of last year I bought an off-white jumper and though I have only worn it once, I have grown to appreciate it as one of the few whitish items in my closet other than a couple cardigans. Thanks to the inspiration of Olivia Pope and designers like Anna Sui, The Row and Gareth Pugh who showed white in their shows for fall/winter 2013, I am thinking it is time to expand my horizons.  For those of you like me, lets add at least a white coat or a pair of pants to our wardrobe this year. Those of you who have been wearing your white for quite some time, keep up your courageous work.
c/o style.com left to right: Anna Sui, Gareth Pugh , Proenza Schouler

4. Emerald 

I will always be a fan of color, maybe a color fanatic is more the truth. This season color is big. Designers showed a variety of bright colors but I decided to focus on one for this list. Emerald is bold and bright. It is a color I have just begun to add to my closet as well. Some of my favorite looks for the season came from Monique Lhuillier. The color was shown in many collections including Chanel and Christian Dior's couture collections. This color will be great for a holiday party dress. For those of you who are shy about color, handbags and shoes in emerald will make just as much of a statement without overwhelming you.
c/o style.com left to right: Chanel, Christian Dior & Monique Lhuillier

3. Leather

Anyone who knows me knows I love leather as much as I love fur. It doesn't much matter if the leather is real or faux. It is no surprise that it had a large presence in fall collections this year.  Karl Lagerfeld showed my favorite pieces though with a textured leather look he created called 'leather feather fur'. Though I won't get to sport his particular look, I look forward to wearing some great leather pieces. Since leather can get pretty expensive, browse your thrift stores or consider leather-look pieces.
c/o style.com & harpersbazaar.com  left to right: Fendi (leather feather fur), Calvin Klein & Prada

2. Plaid 

I have always been a fan of prints. Plaid was among some of the prints that were shown on the runway for fall along with animal prints, paisleys, hounds-tooth and many more options. I choose plaid because it has been easy to find and looks great with leather to create a punk look. The punk look is a trend I am super excited about carrying over into spring. I hated plaid when I had to wear it everyday the year I went to Catholic school but now that it is an option, I welcome it with open arms. I love the Moschino campaign. The house created my favorite pieces and looks for the season. Though I do not plan to wear a complete plaid look, it's too much all at once in real life but a great plaid coat or blazer will be fun for the holidays, the office and for brunch with the girls.
The Moschino Fall/Winter 2013 Campaign 

1. Beanies

My favorite season trend is the beanie. Yes, it is simple and it has been a winter staple for quite some time now but I love the idea of wearing the hat with dressier attire. The little things excite me! Imagine, you are going to a holiday party in a sparkly dress and it's snowing and cold outside. You have on your coat and a solid color beanie. You get inside and instead of rushing to the ladies room to fix your scary hat hair, your hat is part of your look. It is a natural hair girl's dream! This is my must staple for the season. The beanie is cheap and  super chic.  Get a few for variety!  
c/o style.com left to right: Rebecca Minkoff, Alice & Olivia,  Rochas


Look for part II of my top five trends with shopping selections for each trend soon.

What trends will you embrace this season?

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: