Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Style Crush

This week's Style Crush features a fashionista and fellow OSU alum. We reconnected many years ago at a pop up shop she held in Cincinnati, Ohio. Kristin and I both fell in love with her style and her love for fashion.  Her fashion story is so inspiring, I love how she has trekked her fashion career path right here in Ohio. Meet our newest crush!




 Tamia Stinson. 33 years old. Cincinnati,OH. Fashion Stylist


My take on fashion:

I have a pretty liberal take on fashion--what I love about it is that it's whatever you want it to be! My personal style tends to be a bit more on the muted neutrals/asymmetrical draping/downtown glam side, but depending on my mood it can be girly, boho, preppy... I play dress-up every day, like I'm my own personal Barbie doll. Which sounds weird.


Where I have been:

Let's see...a lot of my favorite life experiences have been the result of doing Something I Really Want to Do. If I get excited about an idea or opportunity, usually something creative, there's a pretty good chance I'll do it--anything from starting a blog, to taking classes overseas, to organizing pop-up shops--once I get that bug in my head it's hard to get it out!
My current career has been a lesson in planned accidents--I started out in corporate marketing, discovered a love of design and social media which led to freelancing, moved into project management, and somehow wound up as an editorial stylist. Styling is what I've always wanted to do, even when I didn't think it was a realistic career goal. There's a lesson about pursuing your dreams in there somewhere... 


I'm passionate about:

Style (of course), family, social media, ice cream, Prince, travel, languages, dance, magazines, typography, etc. The list goes on!


You can find me:

My job is approximately 80% shopping and photo shoots, so I'm usually out visiting shops or on set during the day. In my free time, I ride my bike, do yoga, hang out with friends, take bad amateur photos, read the Internets, lament not doing more charitable work, and start reading books I (apparently) never finish.



Want to know more about Tamia?

Twitter: @stylesample
Instagram: thestylesample

If you or someone you know should be our next "Style Crush", please let us know. Send us an email to christinakristin1@yahoo.com.

Until Next Time,Ciao!

*Chris*


No comments: