Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) August 4, 2013

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday I went to Branstool to pick peaches with Leo. We picked peaches and searched through a wide selection of interesting jams, butters and jellies. I put together my look specifically for our outing. I learned my lesson last summer wearing sandals. My feet were dirty, wet and exposed to insects when we visited last, so I opted for my hiking boots this time to walk through the orchard. I still managed to throw together a look that was bright, cute and that I wouldn't mind getting dirty in. I also got to wear my favorite MAC neon orange lipstick. The color always makes me feel good. I took these photos at the orchard. This is what I wore.

I paired a black lace tunic with a pair of cobalt shorts. The tunic I thrifted a while ago. It was around $2. Find similar shirts here and here. The shorts are Merona from Target. I paid $15 for them. I am excited that cobalt will be a big color for fall again this year. I love it!
The belt is a piece I found at the Cultural Arts Festival. It is a tribal belly dancing belt.I think I paid $20 for it a couple years ago. Find some similar belts here.
My necklace is a very old beaded fringe necklace from Express. Find similar necklaces: option 1, option 2 & option 3  The sunglasses are gold and silver D&G aviators. 
The ring is a black and white marble tile ring. I picked it up from a vendor at the Macy's Festival a while ago. Find a similar ring here. The bracelets are the 'Creature Cuff' by Tasha (Nordstrom), giraffe from Kohls, 'Artemis Cuff' and the 'Kalahari Bangle' from Stella & Dot. My boots are Rocky Boots from the Rocky Boot Outlet. I got them off the clearance rack since they are not something I plan to wear a lot. I got them for under $20. 
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by! 
Check out our newest Heavy Metal Collection at our etsy shop
What do you think about my peach picking look?


Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: