Monday, August 19, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) August 16, 2013

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

*Fashion by the Lake*

Friday was the start of my sister's birthday weekend. A few of us took a road trip to Port Clinton to spend the weekend in a rental property right on Lake Erie. We got lunch downtown Port Clinton before we checked in. Then I got to play tour guide and I showed lil sis and company some of my favorite Lake Erie destinations like Great Lakes Popcorn Co., Marblehead Lighthouse and Tofts Dairy. Then we checked out a place I have never been called Cheese Haven. We made dinner,enjoyed a bon fire and  got in the Jacuzzi. I took my photos in the front yard of the house we rented. This is what I wore.

Friday's look was very much inspired by the water and nature. My dress is by Mossimo at Target. I love it! The dress is printed in the front and solid in the back. The print reminded me of waves and the colors made me think of sunlight, plants, sky and water. I paired the dress with straw accessories and jewelry that felt just as natural with a tribal feel.

The straw sun hat and tote I bought together at a thrift store last summer. I paid around $6 for the set.  I carried the straw tote on another Lake Erie trip but this is the first time I have worn the hat.Find similar hats here and here. Find similar totes here and here.
The earrings are from a vendor I ran into at the Dandelion Festival May 2012.
The belt is a tribal belly dancing belt I bought from a vendor at the International Festival a few years ago. I added it to the dress because it had many of the same colors in it and I wanted to give the look a tribal/boho feel.Find tribal belly dancing belts here.
I adorned my wrists with copper cuffs and my favorite ring and bracelet set from the Mali store of Chicago. The shoes were $2.50
at a Church Yard Sale.
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by! 
Check out our newest Heavy Metal Collection at our etsy shop
What do you think about my look? Bonus photo below.


Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,
I took this Friday after the sun went down in the front yard of the house we rented. 

No comments: