Thursday, November 6, 2014

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Christina) Halloween 2014


Chris's Closet

I am Christina, the hot pink of ChristinaKristin. Welcome to my closet!

Last weekend, I celebrated Halloween by going to a costume party  at The Boat House at Confluence Park, in Columbus, Ohio. This venue has such an amazing view, it sits near the Olentangy and Scioto Rivers overlooking the downtown Columbus skyline. Needless to say this was a grown-up affair, and the guests were so creative with their costumes. They actually put the fun in Halloween for me. I snapped a pic with a couple of my favorite costumes.

Guess who I decided to dress up as? Janelle Monae! With my natural hair, brown skin and petite frame, I knew I could pull it off. I was in character so well that people did a double take, even asking if I was in costume. Janelle's uniform is so easy, I think anyone could pull it off. Take a look at what I put together.


My inspiration.

This is what I came up with. I actually recreated her look a few years ago, but my hair was not long enough for the pompadour. I was pretty excited that I had no problems with my hair this time.



Blazer: White House Black Market: Donated to me.
Tuxedo Shirt: H&M, $24.95
Black Pants: H&M, $24.95
Bow Tie: My own
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack, Valentino Red Oxfords, originally: $398, paid $50
Earrings: H&M, white pearl studs $2.95

Me and Mr. Brown



Myself, along with Notorious BIG and Faith Evans.


Halloween 2014 was pretty fun! How was yours?

*Chris*




No comments: