Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) November 2, 2014

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet, learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday I spent the day exploring Southern Ohio. I spent the most time in two cities that I had not visted previously, Bainbridge and Portsmouth, Ohio. In Bainbridge I ran into The Trading Post Antiques where I stacked up on cookbooks and cookie cutters for the coming holiday season. Then I had lunch at a local greasy spoon called Docs Bainbridge Restaurant. The broasted chicken was delicious. Portsmouth was a city lined with antique shops. Unfortunately, only two shops were opened on Sunday. One was called 'Ghosts in the Attic'; a huge antique shop with floors of antiques, vintage clothing and jewelry items.  I definitely plan to return to do a 'Style Adventure' piece.  Before I headed back to Columbus, I stopped at The Portsmouth Brewing Company. At the Brewery I had some appetizers and a beer flight of the house made brew. I also got a history lesson.  The building started out as a brewery in the 1800s and tried to survive selling non-alcoholic beer during Prohibition. Then the building housed a few other kinds of operations before it returned to being a brewery in the late 90s. The family who brought the building back to it's roots has been running it ever since. It is a cool place to hang out. I am not a beer expert but really enjoyed the 'Red Bird Ale'.

My look was casual and great for car travel. The weather was also a little chilly so I layered my Grace Jones tee over a button up and added a shawl cardigan with fringe detail on top. My pants were soft and comfortable. They are a light weight corduroy. The look is almost completely available. Find the details to get the look below.
Grace Jones Strange` tee: Accidental Genius Clothing
Button Up:Fred David(birthday gift from my sister last week) 
Tassel Shawl Cardigan: Vince Camuto Fringe Hem Open Front Cardigan 
Hounds-tooth pants:KUT from the Kloth 'Diana' Stretch Corduroy Skinny Pants 
Handbag: Michael Kors North/South Hamilton 
Oxfords:Christin Michaels (Old) 
Sunglasses:Quay Gold Zig 
Earrings:found at Rowe in the Short North 
Bracelets: ChristinaKristin Heavy Metal Nut & Bolt Cuff, Heavy Metal Bicycle Chain & Vintage Gold Chain






Until next time,
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris, 

No comments: