Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Last Word by Karen



B L A C K ADD W H I T E ! 


Black is usually used to describe things not so pleasant: a black eye, black cats, you wear black to a funeral. The only time black is used in positive terms is when a financial institution or business says "their in the black."

I remember when rockers were the only people who wore black nail polish.  Black attire and black fingernails are my staples.  People who know me well know I love all things colorful, I just don't wear a lot of color.  My mother used to say I always looked like I was wearing the same thing, my clothing was always black or beige.



Some experts say that women (over 50) shouldn't wear black because it ages you. No little Black dress, say it isn't so ,are you kidding me? I guess in some cases black can be aging (it would depend on what your working with). I am also not of the opinion that black attire should always be diluted with a splash of color, but I am a fan of black and white.

Woolite currently has a commercial that asks how do you feel in dark clothes.  The responses are cool, chic, graceful and although they are in business to sell laundry detergent , I know the answers to the question to be true. Black is also slimming which is important to women who are less than pleased with their figures.

photo courtesy of vogue.de

My idol, the phenomenal head designer and creative director of the fashion house Chanel, is often photographed  wearing black and white clothing. Mr. Lagerfeld is 81 years young.

photo courtesy of sereinemagazine.com


There are models who are more seasoned who are still beautiful and look elegant and classy in black and black with white.

Get This Look
 Black Add White
Theory striped knit top
nordstrom.com


Topshop blazer
nordstrom.com


Theory knit skirt
nordstrom.com



MICHAEL Michael Kors handle bag
$470 - luisaviaroma.com


GUESS cuff jewelry
guess.com


Black jewelry
kohls.com



Bling Jewelry black jewelry
blingjewelry.com



I say wear what feels good on you and to you and if it's black, rock it. Clothing is a part of your brand and if you keep it sharp people will buy what your selling, confidence, elegance and grace.

My Look: Blouse, pants and cape by Vince Camuto, Boots by BCBG


One day at a time!
Karen,


No comments: