Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Weekend In Leopard


Hey it's Kristin! Since this is my first post of the year, Happy New Year! It's been a cold winter so far in Columbus, Ohio. I am not a huge fan of snow so I find myself trying to find ways to to entertain myself to ward off the winter blues. I have kept myself super busy so I haven't had as much time to think about the snow and cold. I just do what I must to survive the below zero temperatures and try not to look too crazy. One thing is certain and that is Fashion Week is around the corner for Fall/Winter 2014-2015.  After the holidays ended we began seeing transitional items for Spring. While I love the idea of warmer days ahead and we have already started posting many Spring looks and ideas, some of us still need help getting through the rest of this season. One of the trends I have embraced this season is prints. I loved the plaids, the hounds-tooth , and animal prints that were shown for Fall/Winter 2013-2014. I especially got into leopard so I wanted to show you how I styled a few pieces a weekend ago. 


FRIDAY / SATURDAY / SUNDAY


Animal Print Tip: A little goes a long way, so wear one piece at a time! If you can make more work, no more than two.  A good example for doing two animal printed items at once would be a garment and a small accessory piece. Much of anything else would be too runway and too much.

FRIDAY!!!

Casual Friday with just a little grrrrrrr !!!

I didn't do much Friday during the day. That evening my guy and I picked up some chorizo tacos from our favorite taco truck to hold us over while we went grocery shopping then picked up a pizza for dinner. 

My look was super simple and casual with a little fun at my feet.




Boots: Matt Bernson Special Project from Rocky Boot Outlet in Nelsonville,Ohio
A Steal of $38

These boots were my introduction to this designer based out of Tribeca. I ran across these boots when I went shopping for my birthday. I went to get cowboy boots and ended up taking these home as well.  I could not leave them.They were leather, leopard, designer and on clearance. All my favorite things! In looking for boots to present to you, I  discovered that this particular pair is available through ebay but I also located a couple other options as well. All three options are under $100. Option 1, Option 2, Option 3


SATURDAY!!!


Sophisticated Saturday with Feline Femininity!!!

Saturday after some much needed housework and a doggy bath for the little Pekingese, I had date night with the fella. We went to West Liberty, Ohio where we visited Marie's Candies one of my favorite chocolate shops for some dark chocolate covered potato chips. We also checked out Liberty Gathering Place, a small restaurant we'd been meaning to visit for their prime rib. It was well worth the gas.

 My look was sophisticated with a little rock and roll. I added studded accessories to a simple sweater dress and leggings but the star piece of my look was the leopard gloves that I pulled over the sleeves of my sweater dress.


Gloves: Moschino from Buffalo Exchange Williamsburg, NY 
A Steal of $28


This was my first time getting to wear my leopard print Moschino gloves. I bought them during Spring New York Fashion Week this past September. They were perfect with my Ralph Lauren cape coat. To keep the focus on the gloves I decided to go as monochromatic as I could. Although my look isn't a perfect color match; black, charcoal and heather gray are pretty close in color. I love that these gloves can be worn scrunched like I wore them or stretched long. Here are a some leopard gloves I found for you to check out. 
Option 1Option 2, Option 3


SUNDAY!!!
Sunday Fun-day with a Mighty Roar!!!

Sunday was another date night. I went to the movies with the fella to see 'American Hustle'. We somehow ended up at the red box shortly after to rent 'The Butler'. I'd planned to go out since Monday was MLK Day but I didn't quite make it. It was still a fun day.

My look is a leopard dress with some pattern and texture mixing. It's one of my favorite things to do. I think that mixing textures and patterns makes getting dressed unpredictable and fun. I have layered my dress using a tweed warm colored jacket and a paisley scarf with the same colors.



This is the second time I have worn this dress on the blog. I am not sure where it originally came from but a friend of the family gave it to me many years ago. It has served me well in every dress size I have been through the years. Check out some dresses I located that are currently available. Option 1, Option 2, Option 3

What is your favorite trend that you embraced this season?
Be Blessed! Be Free! Be Fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: