Thursday, January 23, 2014

Style Crush (Spring 2014 Trend)


Natural Fibers

A couple of weeks ago I was flipping through the January issue of Elle magazine, and I saw a gorgeous layout of straw oxfords. It caught my eye because I love oxfords and have been wearing them for some time now. I am starting to enjoy wearing stylish flat shoes, opposed to high heels on a regular basis. As soon as I saw the story, I told myself I would do more research on this trend, of course time got the best of me and I am just now getting around to it.

I did some research to see where else this trend was showcasing itself, and I found that designers DSquared incorparated raffia as a prop and a skirt on the runway, embracing a kind of tiki feel. Tory Burch put a twist on it and utilized color in the natural fiber, along with ethnic print. And of course the classic straw hat never goes out of style.



It got me to thinking about our own Spring/Summer "Global Gal" collection (which will be debuting soon in it's entirety) where we have also used raffia in some of our pieces. With a name like "Global Gal" we are drawing inspiration from many different cultures, the main culture being African, where the raffia material originates, specifically on the island of Madagascar, and is now grown in East Africa.

Here is a preview of what you can expect from us in the coming months.


To see more of this collection and many other items, visit us at www.etsy.com.

Be Blessed! Be Free!Be Fashionable!

*Chris*

No comments: