Monday, April 15, 2013

Kristin's Top 5 Spring Trends of 2013!!!

Kristin's Top 5 Spring Trends of 2013!!!

We did our top 5 fall trends last season so it was only right to put in our two cents about the spring season trends. I always get excited when the season changes for many reasons but one reason is a change of wardrobe. Finally it's time to put away our coats, winter boots and shed some clothing. Although many of the fall/winter fabrics are being revisited in the current season and can remain in our closets. I am excited about fur for spring and leather, which seems to make sense in this ever changing weather. It's already been a spring filled with a mix of warm, rainy and winter like days. I think the trends for this season will keep us 
prepared for anything. Here are my top five.


5. Cutouts 

Cutouts surfaced on many runways. Some of my favorite cutout looks were found in the spring collections of Gucci, Sass & Bide, Versace, Saint Laurent and Alexander Wang. Although, I am not certain I will be really embracing this trend, I love to at least look. 
Photos courtesy of:  elle.com  left to right: gucci, sass & bide, versace

My Cutout Picks!!!

1. Michael Kors Yvonne Cutout Sandal  $195 net-a-porter.com
2. Tripp Nyc Z Cut Skinnies $133 us.asos.com
3. Mara Hoffman dress $297 shopbop.com 
4.Vince Camuto Mod Cutout Faux Leather Skirt $99 nordstrom.com
5.Denim Lattice Peplum $48 nastygal.com

4. Monochromatic Brights
Brights worn monochromatic were seen on the runways of designers and houses such as Gucci, Stella McCartney and Etro. I love the idea of this because it can make a short person like myself seem taller and thinner. I am also a huge fan of bright color.
Photos courtesy of:  left to right  gucci  hapersbazar.com, stella mccartney elle.com, etro harpersbazer.com

My Monochromatic Look!!!

1.Equipment "Adriana Silk Blouse" $189.99 piperlime.com
2. Ray Ban " RB3025M" $219 sunglasshut.com
3.Kendra Scott "Danielle Oval Statement Earrings" $58 nordstrom.com
4. Tommy Hilfiger "Piper" flat $75 zappos.com
5. J Crew " Curator Midrise" pant $168 net-a-porter.com

3. Fringe
I love decorative details like fringe! It is so much fun. It reminds me of the 1920's flapper or 80's rocker. Some of my favorite fringe pieces were seen on the runways of Nina Ricci, Versace and Tory Burch.
Photos courtesy of: coolspotters.com  versace, google.com Nina Ricci,  Damita bootie jimmychoo.com , toryburch.com


My Fringe Picks!!!

1. Leather Fringe Mini $124.69 us.asos.com
2.Ottawa Suede Platform Sandal by Jeffrey Campbell $230 neimanmarcus.com
3. Fringe Leather Handbag by Mango $109.99 mango.com
4. Lillith Fringe Necklace by Stella & Dot $138 http://www.stelladot.com/sites/christinajovonn
5. Blakely Fringe Detail Sandals by Sam Edelman $240 http://www.dillards.com/
6. Seaside Luxe Fringe Cuff by Michael Kors $195  neimanmarcus.com
7. Touch Fringe Bracelet by Mango $17.99 mango.com
8. Dirty Laundry Bali Ankle StrapSandal by Chinese Laundry $35 amazon.com
9. Fringe Cuff by Vince Camuto $68 zappos.com
10. Chiffon Fringe Jacket by Juicy Couture $348 juicycouture.com


2. Leather 
I really love this trend! It is my number two because it is a change for the warmer seasons and easy to incorporate even for an avid thrift shopper. I found pieces for my sister and myself for the spring season for under $20 on half off Wednesday. I can't wait to wear my dress that is very similar to the Reem Acra dress below. Some of the other designers and houses that showed leather on the runway were Fendi, Loewe, Balmain and Hermes.
Photos courtesy of elle.com  left to right:  reem acra, fendi, loewe, pierre balmain, hermes

My Leather Picks!!!

1. Astr Faux Leather Biker Vest $86 nordstrom.com
2. Metallic Leather Tee $149.63 us.asos.com
3. Aqua Sleeveless dress $79.20 bloomindales.com
4. Leather Scallop Shorts by Sara Berman $260 theoutnet.com
5.Bailey 44 Leather Mini $282 neimanmarcus.com

1. Florals
The florals are my favorite this year. I have been collecting pieces the last couple months. I have to admit I was not a fan of the florals until a year ago. I always felt floral patterns were too girly and never wanted to wear them. Now I love to mix the pattern with other prints and add elements to the print to toughen it up. Florals were seen on the runways of Ralph Lauren, Moschino, Chanel, Prada and Dolce & Gabbana.
Photos courtesy of: vouge.co.uk left to right: ralph lauren, moschino, chanel, dolce & gabbana, prada


My Floral Picks!!!

1.Floral Shift Dress by I. Madeline $98 piperlime.com
2. Neodan Floral Print Pump by Guess $99 http://shop.guess.com
3. Garden Party Necklace by Betsey Johnson $50 zappos.com
4. Floral Printed Tweed Shorts by MSGM $281.87 http://www.my-wardrobe.com
5. Floral Mini Mac Bag by Rebecca Minkoff $195 shopbop.com
6."London" Sneaker Wedge by Zigi $79.95 nordstrom.com
7. Margarita Floral Della Cat-Eye by Kate Spade $138 neimanmarcus.com


What trends will you embrace this season?

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pics!! I need to take you shopping with me so I can get right!!

ChrisKris said...

Anytime Candace!

Kris,