Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Style Crush


Every woman has a crush on another woman, whether it's because of her amazing hair, her confidence, or in this case her sense of style. We will be highlighting women whose style we have a crush on, either a celeb or an average Jane. Enjoy!!

Koku Gonza

taken from Koku Gonza's facebook

This week's style crush is a woman I have known a couple of years now. She is the best friend of one of my good friends. She is a model and exceptional artist. My first style crush is the beautiful and very talented Koku Gonza.

When you see her, you immediately notice how easy she is on the eyes. Her skin is flawless and her natural mane is healthy and inspiring. Don't think that is all she has to offer, when she opens her mouth whether she is singing or talking, expect to be entertained. She sings, plays the guitar and she is hilariously funny. I have almost had many accidental tinkle moments while listening to some of her rants or surprise outbursts. As a fashionista, the thing I admire most is her style. I would describe her as eclectic, a bohemian rocker, edgy, sexy and fun. She marches to the beat of her own drum when it comes to fashion. She isn't afraid to mix colors, patterns or textures. She is courageous and somehow makes anything work.


taken from mixerpot.com

With Koku expect to see lots of color-blocking. Almost all of the pictures I pulled for this blog were of her in a color-block look. She is not at all timid when it comes to color . Most times I have seen her, she has had on something bright. I have seen her often in the 71Jules Multifaceted Dresses by Juliette Buford of Chicago. I included two photos of Koku in the 71Jules dresses. The ones Koku wears are usually bright and often multi-colored. I have had my eye on them since the first time I saw one in 2010 but my frugal chic philosophy won't allow me to spend the money even if it seems worth it. You can find more images of Koku and the 71Jules Multifaceted Dress at http://www.71jules.com/
taken from the Koku Gonza facebook fan page
taken from Koku Gonza's facebook page (71Jules dress)

Picture from the set of her new video that just premiered yesterday on youtube, taken from the Koku Gonza facebook fan page
Another signature of Koku's is hand knitted and crocheted garments and accessories.You will find Koku in hand knitted and crocheted garments no matter the season. I ran across a new photo album on her facebook fan page with behind the scene pictures from her newest video for song "This Beat Is For You" and fell in love with this piece she is wearing by the Double Stitch Twins. It screamed color-block, motherland, bohemian funk! I was so mesmerized, I had to contact Koku to find out who the designer was. I am so in love!

To find out more about Koku Gonza, her music and see more examples of her style visit her website at http://kokugonza.com/ or check out her blog at  http://radiozophrenic.blogspot.com/. You can also find a variety of videos dealing with everything from her hair secrets to her music videos on youtube. 

Photo by SongModel Management taken from SongModel News blog (71Jules dress)

Who is your crush?

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!

Kris,

No comments: