Monday, April 7, 2014

Style Adventures Vol.16 (Berlin, Ohio Part II)

STYLE ADVENTURES 

(Berlin, Ohio 4/5)

This post is about how to add to your wardrobe using antique shops, thrift stores, yard sales and other specialty venues. We travel Ohio and beyond discovering unique and stylish items we want to share and the places we found them.


Moxie
 4843 E. Main St. 
Berlin , Oh 44610 
330.893.9184

Saturday I spent the day in Amish Country driving to my favorite places from city to city. Since my guy and I took my sister on her first trip that way, I got to go in a lot more stores than I would normally. In Berlin we ran into this store called Moxie. It was a breath of fresh air in Amish Country where wood furniture, quilts and burlap rule. This store stood out with clothing, accessories and home furnishings that you could find at a trendy boutique in a big city. We had to make our way inside.
The first thing that I saw were these dandelion eyelet oxfords. They were bright, fun and looked like basket weave. Believe me, if they came in my size, they would be in my possession right now. Darn, my size five feet!
I continued my stroll toward the shoe wall even though I knew they didn't carry my size. They had quite a bit of  ethnic/funky styles. It didn't hurt to look. Well, maybe a little.
My favorite pair on the wall were a pair of colorful chunky heeled slide-ons. We all know I love color.
Then we came a cross the Bargain Vault. In a little room there were many items 20% off the already marked down prices. I looked through the dresses, purses, sunglasses and jackets but did not find anything that I could not live without.
The Bargain Vault
As always my favorite part of the store was the accessory section. My sister and I tried on sunglasses and searched through many pairs of earrings, stands covered in necklaces and trays of rings. I fell in love with several pairs of wood earrings by Green Tree Jewelry. The best part is they were made in the USA. I also bought a pair of jeweled earrings for my friend's birthday.

Green Tree Jewelry


I took home three pairs of earrings. A pair is missing from the photo because they are part of a friend's birthday gift. My two pair totaled $20 plus tax

Look for my new pieces in future closet blog posts! Fashionista's, antiquers & store owners! Got a store or area we should visit? Leave me a comment.
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: