Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) November 24, 2012


Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, Christina and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!
Saturday was the Ohio State/Michigan game. I got dressed in my Buckeye gear and headed to my parents to watch the game with my father.My guy and I took my parents homemade baked rigatoni, salad and garlic bread. My fella is a great cook. He is the reason I have gained 20 pounds. After the Buckeye's won and finished the undefeated season, we went to see Lincoln. Good movie! I took these photos in front of the house before I left. This is what I wore.
I wore a Buckeye hoodie that I bought the night before at TJ Maxx. It is made by Colosseum Athletics. I love that it has thumb holes in the sleeves. You can find hoodies like this in most sports stores, in store and online. My jeans are Paige Skyline Skinny from Nordstrom.
The vest is faux fur by one of my favorites, Betsey Johnson. It is also from TJ Maxx. It is super warm. It was cold out and that was all I wore Saturday, day and night. I found the vest on bluefly for a bit more than I paid.
http://www.bluefly.com/Betsey-Johnson-black-and-white-belted-striped-faux-fur-
vest/p/319662801/detail.fly

 My 80's vintage Gucci, I bought at Second Time Around in Grandview, Ohio. Occasionally, I see vintage Gucci on ebay and etsy but the brand has been creating new bags that look like the vintage bags from the 80's. Obviously, the new bag will be more though.
 These are a pair of my favorite boots. They are red suede fringe boots by Sam Edelman. They are over-the-knee boots, which are for my short legs, thigh highs. I love them because they are flat but still make so much style impact. I bought them two years ago at TJ Maxx. I found some similar pairs online, one flat boot and one platform. Click on links to view.

option 1: http://www.zappos.com/minnetonka-calf-hi-3-layer-fringe-boot-brick?ef_id=ULdsYAAAGUCMbESz:20121129140832:s

option 2: http://www.victoriassecret.com/shoes/view-all/burlesque-fringe-boot-mojo-moxy?ProductID=68705&CatalogueType=OLS&cm_mmc=CA-_-Google-_-BRANDED%20SHOES-_-ZG-2882570368.5&CAWELAID=1652897166&catargetid=1602216389&cagpspn=pla
 My necklace is a Buckeye necklace from the Barnes & Noble on campus. There are lots of places to get these if you don't already own them. I would suggest buying from small business on etsy. Here is a necklace I found from a seller on etsy with many options:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55632816/real-ohio-buckeye-necklace-with-football?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS&gclid=CMi7rdCu9LMCFYVFMgodFTQAMQ

This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: