Monday, October 16, 2017

Style Crush

Style Crush





A few months ago I started watching a show on Hulu called "Younger". The show is about a 40 year old woman who pretends to be a 20-something in order to get a job in publishing. She ends up getting a job as an assistant at a fashion magazine. I love all shows fashion related, especially if the show involves a fashion magazine. 

The story line of the show kept me intrigued as well as the fashion. Then I found out that the costume designer was the iconic Patricia Fields, whose work you've also seen on Sex and the City. When I realized she was the designer it was no surprise why the character's individual styles captivated me. Season 5 doesn't air until June 2018, and I can't wait to see what everyone is wearing. Until then I will be inspired by the past seasons wardrobe.

I put together 3 looks from each of the leading characters to give you an idea of their style.


Hillary Duff as Kelsey Peters






Sutton Foster as Liza Miller





Miriam Shor at Diana Trout


Let me know whose style you resonate with most. Next week I will post storyboards of each character's style to give you inspiration and help you shop for pieces to recreate looks.

In the meantime, if you have Hulu you should watch the show!

Be Blessed! Be Free! Be Fashionable!

~Chris

No comments: