Thursday, February 16, 2017

Her Style---->My Way (Kristin)

Last Friday, we discussed the style of the legendary Lena Horne in our Black History Month Starlet Series. She was always very glamorous, in gowns, furs, hats and with flowers in her hair. It was a challenge trying to find a look that I could emulate. I don't really have any gowns or formal wear. I have not been anywhere where I needed to get dressed formal in a long time. I finally came across a photograph that I could use as inspiration. Using pieces I already owned I copied her look as closely as I could. I accomplished my look by focusing on texture like the fur vest and the knit bag. I pulled those textures into my look with my turban and fur jacket. I also payed attention to the cut of her suit jacket and was able to find a jumper in my closet with that same cut. Since the photo was in black in white, I made a guess with the colors, which I believe are white and chocolate. Today, I wore the look out to my ladies lunch gathering. This is Her Style done My Way.


The Look
 Coco Knit Turban: Marc's Grocery
Winter White Toni Todd Retro Jumper: Goodwill
Vintage Fox Fur Jacket: Gifted from my Step Grandma Shirley
White Leather Driving Gloves: Rag O Rama




Until Next Time,
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: