Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Style Crush

Every woman has a crush on another woman, whether it's because of her amazing hair, her confidence, or in this case her sense of style. We will be highlighting women whose style we have a crush on, either a celeb or an average Jane. Enjoy!!

Madewell

This week's style crush is not a person, but a store I have a crush on. Essentially we have a crush on someone that we like or admire, but have not yet attained that person or an attribute of that person. Well, that is how I feel about Madewell, I love the vibe when I go into the store, every single item on the rack appeals to me. I have yet to shop there because they are a little pricey for my budget, but maybe one day. Until then I will continue to stalk the store on a consistent basis.

Madewell has a very vintage inspired feel, from the fabrics they use to the choice of prints. The quality of the clothing does balance out the high prices. If you like vintage clothing, but don't like the hassle of shopping in second hand stores, Madewell is perfect for you. The jewelry is amazing just as it is in their "Big Sister" store J.Crew.
Photo taken from: madewell.tumblr.com



This is what I am used to seeing when I go into the Madewell store and when I peruse the website. The look is pretty plain, but I love the color blocking, and the monochromatic blues. Her outfit has a lot more potential, I would accessorize it more.


Now how much more inspiring is this?


Photo taken from: www.fashionbased.com
Using Solange Knowles as the face of Madewell was a great marketing strategy. She will definitely bring a different customer base to the company. The way she rocks her Madewell makes me want to shop in the store even more. I may be biased because she is a fellow naturalista. :)

Photo taken from:www.necolebitchie.com
If you are in Columbus, check out the Madewell store at Easton Town Center. They are also online at www.madewell.com. If you go into the store pick up the monthly newsletter, you will find some good fashion tips.

Until next time,Ciao!
*Chris*

No comments: