Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) August 18, 2012

Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample,a month ago we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. The best way to describe us if personalities were colors would be red and hot pink. I am the red personality because I am usually wild, passionate and bold with fashion and in life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!
 I went to Bucyrus, Ohio for their Bratwurst Festival early Saturday evening. I had a very low key and uneventful morning and afternoon, so I was excited to finally get out of the house. I have been eating better lately to get rid of some of the weight I have gained this past eight months but at the festival I planned to eat what I wanted and indeed I did. I had brats, fried cheese on a stick, fries, ice cream and more. The food was great but even better was a spontaneous vintage shopping moment at Authentiques and meeting the most polite monkey ever. Yes, I am talking about a real monkey with manners. I put on an outfit that I thought would be comfortable and forgiving, considering the food I was about to eat. This is what I wore.
My skinny jeans are Mossimo from Target.

Since my back was open and I was not going without a bra, I opted for a matching neon pink beater to go up under the tunic. I purchased this beater at Meijers for $8. I did not find the beaters on their site. However, I found a website that just sells beaters in a variety of colors and for cheap @ http://www.freshbeaters.com/page/403261570
My sunglasses I wear often, they are my go to gold/silver combo D&G aviators (6065). My earrings are also closet blog repeats from Mali on Michigan Ave in Chicago.
My necklace premiered the first time this month in my Style Adventures Vol. 4 blog. It was purchased a couple weeks ago at the Chesterville Flea Market from a vendor. I payed 25 cents for it. If you like my necklace check out this one from etsy @ http://www.etsy.com/listing/106306007/large-dramatic-vintage-brass-ethnic?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=large+brass+ethnic+necklace&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all
My bracelets and ring are all closet regulars. I have worn them in many closet blogs. The copper cuffs are from vintage stores, thrift stores and the bottom one with all the turquoise stones is from the gift shop at the outdoor drama in Chillicothe, Tecumseh. The ring and matching bracelet go with my earrings. Again, all of them are from Mali in Chicago. My Louis Vuitton I purchased almost ten years ago at the LV store at The Mall at Millenia in Orlando. It was my first Louis Vuitton. The style is called Papillon. I am guessing my particular bag is no longer being produced but I found a similar one on the LV website @ http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#/eng_US/search/PAPILLON The distressed 
gold leather sandals I am wearing are Type Z (Desert). They are sold out and I have not found anything similar.




This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
We are having a sale on jewelry on etsy. Just click on our shop page from the blog or go to http://www.etsy.com/ & type in ChristinaKristin. Use SHOPCHRIS10 for 25% off at check out.
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,



Me giving my new friend a dollar at The Bucyrus Bratwurst Festival . This monkey stole my heart. His name is Jojo.

The most polite monkey I have ever met. He tips his hat and shakes hands.

No comments: