Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) April 13, 2013


Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

After being shut in a week from being sick, I was ready to get out. Saturday I met my sister out for a cocktail at Double Happiness. We hung out for an hour then went to Marshalls for another cocktail. I didn't stay out too late because I had a photo shoot in the morning with ten darling little girls. I took these photos at Double Happiness. This is what I wore.
I got this jumper last summer when I was in Chicago. I found it at a suburban thrift store. I think it is actually an old uniform of some sort but I thought it would make a great outfit. I was right. I ended up wearing this because it was the only thing that fit me after trying two other outfits. I have gained a bit of weight since dating Leo. 
I accessorized the jumper with snake inspired accessories. I am wearing a vintage stretch scale belt backwards. The claps is decorative and I didn't want to take away from my other accessories. There are lots of similar belts on etsy.com like this one at:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/108051926/vintage-belt-gold-reptile-style-plates?ref=sr_gallery_1&sref=sr_9d9f22491e6c330a399f06f6ce48ae197ae80c2e27174b09cd2e472acdd29dd7_1366122219_14161736_metal&ga_search_query=gold+metal+scale+belt&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all
I broke these earrings in after having them since September. I bought them at the Delaware County Fair from a vendor. I located a similar pair of earrings at:
 http://www.etsy.com/listing/125601614/peachy-keen-leather-luxe-earrings?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=snake+print+earrings&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all

My purse is vintage Whiting & Davis. It was originally my grandma's. My sister had it and I got it from her at a clothing swap. I am rocking a small portion of my stacked wrist collection. My two outside bracelets are Stella & Dot and the middle one I just bought from Valley Thrift Store in Dayton. The bottom bracelet is the Artemis Cuff. Find it at: http://www.stelladot.com/shop/en_us/p/jewelry/bracelets/artemis-cuff?s=christinajovonn The top bracelet is the Kalahari Bangle at:  http://www.stelladot.com/shop/en_us/p/jewelry/bracelets/kalahari-bangle?s=christinajovonn
My python color-block peep-toe pumps are by Aldo from last spring season. Color-blocking is still very much on trend so I plan to get some more wear out of these this year since I didn't wear them much last year. Here are some similar shoes I located online at:
 1. http://www.bcbg.com/Runway-Hex-Color-Blocked-Sandal

2. http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/shoes/platforms/skye-high-heel-platform-sandals

This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

My sister and I at Double Happiness.



No comments: