Thursday, April 18, 2013

Christina's Top 5 Spring Trends of 2013!!!

Kristin completed her top 5 Spring trends, so it's only right that I do mine as well. I'm so excited that Spring has officially launched, and I've already incorporated some of these trends into my wardrobe. I am desiring to add a whole new element to my wardrobe soon! We shall see.  Anyway, check out my Top 5 Spring Trends!


5. Bold Stripes

This trend has caught on pretty quickly. Everywhere I go people are wearing stripes, it almost makes me want to stop wearing my  super cute black and white striped blazer, but it's so easy to wear for pattern mixing I can't give it up yet. Plus, I've inspired people to start wearing stripes. 

The only thing about stripes is the optical illusion, if you don't want to deal with all the stripe drama. Always, remember Go long and lean with vertical stripes, skinny stripes help elongate your figure. Or toss out the stripe clothing and opt for striped accessories scarves, shoes, or jewelry.

Photos courtesy of: www.fashionmagazine.com L-R  Belstaff, Christian Dior,Paul Smith


4. Lace

I have actually been a fan of lace for a while now. Kristin bought me a super cute black lace hoodie a few birthdays ago, and I still wear it. I like to make my lace a little edgier than the norm. But this sheer fabric can be sexy, casual, whatever you want to make it. Look how designers added lace to their Spring collections.


Photos courtesy of: L-R www.fabsugar.com BCBG,www.elle.com Chadwick Bell ,www.elle.com Jason Wu


3. Midriffs

I am a very petite girl, and have the flattest stomach ever, but for some reason I have never liked showing my belly. Well, this season I am definitely feeling the midriff trend and plan to indulge, but in a sexy lady like way. Check out some of my favorite midriff looks from this season.
Photos courtesy of: www.fashionmagazine.com L-R Peter Som, Marchesa, Marc Jacobs






2. Pattern

Last season I really got into pattern mixing. This spring I plan to do even more, even putting an ethnic twist on my patterns and really playing with color. Marc Jacobs did an excellent job with his use of pattern this Spring, his designs were my favorite when it came to pattern.
Photos courtesy of: www.harpersbazaar.com Marc by Marc Jacobs, Duro Olowu,Altuzarra




1. Pastels
I am a fan of color especially pinks, blues, and yellows. So I am in love with the pastel trend, I have an excuse to add to my already colorful wardrobe. Here are some designers who showed pastels on the runway this season!




What are your favorite Spring Trends?

Until Next Time, Ciao!

*Chris*


No comments: